Why hiring Jeff to help you with your French roots?
There are several reasons:
- Jeff holds a PhD “Summa Cum Laude” and he is applying the highest ethical standards in his two careers, i.e. as a scientist and as a professional genealogist.
- As a scientist, Jeff is author or/and co-author of more than 100 publications in peer-reviewed publications, international conferences and workshops.
- Jeff has over 20 years of experience in French and Spanish genealogy from the 16th century to the beginning of the 20th.
- Jeff knows how to use on-line sources effectively and prepare trips to regional and national archives. Basically he knows where to look for records allowing a fast and accurate recovery of information.
- Having spent 10 years of his career outside of France, Jeff is fluent in English. Therefore Jeff can also help you by providing translations and contextual explanations.
- Jeff is a member of several organizations including the Association of Professional Genealogists, the National Genealogical Society in the United States, Centre Généalogique de Savoie in France or the Raíces Reino de Valencia in Spain.
- As a member of the Association of Professional Genealogists, Jeff agrees that professionalism in genealogy requires ethical conduct in all relationships with the present or potential genealogical community (see the code of ethics of the Association for Professional Genealogists). Moreover Jeff applies the Genealogical Standards and Guidelines recommended by the National Genealogical Society.
- Last but not least: Jeff is a passionate genealogist.